Wednesday, November 25, 2009

FIRE FUN!!!!

Bonfire!!!!

We went out to Scenic Arizona for Grandma Briscoe's Birthday
I cannot remember which one but she is 97 or 98 yrs old.
Bruce's parents had done a lot of cleanup on their property
And had a lot of wood to burn as well as rolls of carpet.
They lit it and boy was it hot. I didn't get any pictures before though
and I wish I had. Just to give you a hint of how high the pile was
It was taller than my home. The above picture the kids are throwing
wooden sticks into the fire to watch them burn.
You can see Bruce's parents home really well from
Mesquite-especially from the freeway. They sent out the fire department
and his parents had already called them and told them there would be a
really large fire out at their home. I guess they thought that the fire was to big-
so they sent out firefighters and policemen to make sure that it didn't get out of hand.
This above picture we are eating our hot dogs.
This was also just as wide as my home if not wider.This is after it had burned down quite a bit-so we broke out
the hotdogs, salads, pop and marshmellows and did some roasting.




We all had so much fun, Some of Bruce's cousins came that
we hadn't seen in forever and they had some of their kids with them.


We will definately have to do that again

This picture we had to make a smaller fire by the
big one because the big one was too hot to roast by.
I think there were a few people who got some eyelashes
and hair fried. When they first lit the fire. I was standing 50 feet
away and I could still feel the heat.
I added this picture for fun. We had a baby shower here at
my house and one of the games included stuffing a pillow up
your shirt and acting like you were pregnant, ever since then
when the kids see a balloon they stuff it up their shirts. Sariah in
this picture looks just really funny especially with Sariah having
the beads around her neck.







1 comment:

  1. holy crap! that fire is enormous!! looks like everyone had fun! what happened to your real camera? you really need one! =)

    ReplyDelete